New Zealand is an island in Oceania and right next to Australia (New Zealand is on the southern right on the map). The main city is Auckland. It was used as a main filming location in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and also one of the main ones in Walking with Dinosaurs.
Walking with DinosaursEdit
Time of the Titans Edit
Part of the forest was shot in Whirinaki Rainforest in New Zealand.
Giant of the Skies Edit
Most of the episode was shot in New Zealand, with the exception of one scene shot in Tasmania.
- The opening scene in Brazil was filmed at the Pancake Rocks (Punakaiki), New Zealand.
- The scene where the Iguanodon walk along the beaches of prehistoric Florida was filmed at Bruce Bay, New Zealand.
- The scene where the Iguanodon feed on vegetation was filmed on the southern parts of the Poeura River, Harihari, New Zealand.
- Aerial shots were shot along the West Coast, South Island, New Zealand.
- and the final scene, which takes place in Cantabria, was filmed at Harihari Coastal Walkway, Harihari, New Zealand.
Spirits of the Ice Forest Edit
This episode was shot entirely in New Zealand, filmed at Whirinaki Rainforest in Te Urewera National Park, New Zealand. The river scenes were shot on the southern parts of the Poeura River, Harihari, New Zealand.
Death of a Dynasty Edit
A few scenes of the episode were shot at Orakei Korako. The rest of the episode was filmed at Conguillío National Park in Chile.